•April 11, 2010 • Leave a Comment
It’s hard to believe it, but there are just 7 days left until the 2010 Vanderbilt Film Festival kicks off!
Submissions continue to be reviewed and a final list of competitors is in the works. We thank everyone for submitting their own artistic vision to add to this artistic community.
Remember to keep your calendars free for next Sunday when the red carpet is rolled out and the lights go down…it’s sure to be both a spectacle and a celebration.
SUNDAY APRIL 18th
3 – 4 PM : Reception
4 – 6 PM: SCREENING!!!!
6 – 7 PM: Closing Reception
…Receptions will include: DRINKS, FOOD, RAFFLES & OTHER FUN STUFF
•March 29, 2010 • Leave a Comment
CONGRATS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE…
24 HOUR FILM RACE!
LAST MINUTE REMINDER:
DEADLINE, TODAY, FOR THE VANDY FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION FORMS!!!!
A Snapshot of The 24 Hour Film Race, which took place on Friday, March 19th:
- The overall catch of the race was that each team had 24 hours to make a film with the genre that they randomly selected (such diverse genres included British Western, Sci-Fi Musical, Mystery Driven Romantic Comedy and Superhero Horror).
- Seven teams participated (22 people in total, including both students and faculty)!
- Teams were given equipment kits, an identical prop, and the line of dialogue “thats what she said.” All of these elements needed to be incorporated into the film.
- On top of that, there were twists sent throughout the night.
- The entries were screened the following night, Saturday, March 19th.
- Over the next couple of weeks, the judges will decide on the winner of “best film” and “best use of elements.” These talented filmmakers will be announced during the week before the Vandy Film Festival.
AGAIN, THANKS TO THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED!!!!!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WE MUST REITERATE THAT…..
THE VANDY FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION FORMS ARE DUE TODAY!!!!!!!
WE URGE EVERYONE TO PUT ON THEIR FILM HATS AND JOIN THE FUN!!!!!!!!
AND REMEMBER THAT THE VANDY FILM FESTIVAL WILL TAKE PLACE ON APRIL 18TH!! MAKE A MENTAL (AND PHYSICAL) NOTE ON YOUR CALENDARS, CRACKBERRY’S, ETC, ETC.
•March 4, 2010 • Leave a Comment
GET EXCITED FOR THE 24 HOUR RACE!!!!!
BELOW IS THE SUBMISSION FORM & THE RULES AND GUIDELINES!! (COPY & PASTE OR USE LINK AT THE BOTTOM)
SORRY FOR THE CAPS. IT’S TO PUMP YOU GUYS UP… BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE!
24-Hour Video Race:
“Breaking the Mold” 2010
…in association with the Vanderbilt Student Film Festival
*March 19 5pm-March 20 6pm, screening to immediately follow*
Team Submission Form:
*Return to Ashley Crownover in Buttrick 132, the Film Studies office, by Wednesday, March 17.*
Contact Info for Team (delegate ONE captain/contact person per group):
Rules and Guidelines:
- Anyone connected to the Vanderbilt community may apply: student, faculty, or employee.
- 2 to 6 members per team. Larger groups do not always make better films.
- Equipment will be provided to every team. This is the only equipment you may use.
- Editing stations will be made available as well.
- Keep in mind, you have to create a film in 24 hours, so knowing your way around the equipment is important. But if you do not know how to use the equipment, do not be discouraged.
- No experience required.
- Please write on the back of this form what you would like to learn specifically, and we will set up a workshop before the race begins.
- You will be notified of acceptance to the video race on Thursday, March 18.
- If there are an overwhelming number of teams, we will consolidate groups.
- More details, content, and twists will be revealed on Thursday March 18! Get excited, caffeinated, and ready to “break the mold”!
BELOW IS A LINK TO THE FORM AS WELL!!
•March 1, 2010 • Leave a Comment
This submission form will be added as a PDF to the official website – coming soon! Until then, please just copy & paste the form below. Thanks!
Please fill out this form and submit it with two copies (Copy 1: in DVD format. Copy 2: Quicktime file on a data disc) of your film to Ashley Crownover in Buttrick 132.
Running Time: _____:_____
Date Completed: __________/___________
Filmmakers: (write positions on back or attach, if applicable)
Short synopsis: ( write on back or attach)
Any additional information you would like us to know about your film: (write on back or attach)
How did you hear about us? Word of mouth, posters, web, other _________
•February 28, 2010 • Leave a Comment
THE VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY FILM FESTIVAL IS BACK.
… And it will be better than ever. Right now, take out your blackberries, i-Phones, whatever you own, and mark your calendars for APRIL 18th, 2010! It’s going to be great.
To keep in mind:
- Submissions will be accepted until MARCH 29th
- Entries should be dropped off to Ashley Crownover in the Film Studies Office: Buttrick 132.
- Call for all entries!! Experimental, poetic, fiction, nonfiction, sound media, video art.
- So far, we have an awesome night lined up as well as other cool things planned out (just a quick preview: a 24 hour video race). Details soon. Get pumped! Woo hoo!
- We also have an official page (currently under construction) on the Vanderbilt main website.
- This blog will also keep everyone updated on specific details, the most up-to-date news, fun tips and other related information. We will be putting up some cool film stuff to stimulate your hungry little cinematic minds.
Get excited to get creative! The Vanderbilt Film Festival is going to rock this year.